Friday, April 22, 2011

Put one foot in front of the other...

I had seen this before, but I ran across it again on a FastRunningBlog forum discussion.  I wholeheartedly agree:

"If the most common question I get asked is, 'How do I run a fast marathon?,' the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th ... most common questions have something to do with diet, running form, sleep, footwear, stretching, weights; anything but actual running. American runners seem to have an unending fascination with all these extra-curricular activities, yet we continue to get slower at running marathons ... If you want to improve your performance in the marathon, stop worrying about minimalist shoes, caveman diets, and new-age running form, and start worrying about getting out the door and running a little more than you did last week. High mileage works!"

--American marathoner Peter Gilmore

The post in its entirety (which I think is very instructive) originated from the Bay Area Track Club website and is titled "Get out the door!"  Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment